Wickr is pleased to announce Screenshot Detection! Screenshot Detection was prioritized as one of the most frequently requested features by our users!
Privacy for our users is our #1 priority. Wickr puts you in control of your messages with this feature! Own your content and take control by setting privacy expectations between you and your contacts with the Screenshot Detection feature!
While there is no privacy silver bullet, transparency around capturing messages enables trust and helps set privacy expectations between you and your contacts. We're introducing Screenshot Detection for our Wickr Pro users and bringing the feature back to our Wickr Me users.
- Users will not have the ability to turn off Screenshot Detection. If you take a Screenshot, your participants will receive a Screenshot notification.
- Screenshots will only be detected on Mobile devices but screenshot notifications can display on both Mobile and Desktop.
- Screenshot notifications will say “[User Name]: Took a Screenshot”
- Anonymous notifications will say “Screenshot Detected”
- Users may not Recall a screenshot notification once action taken.
- How will this affect Burn-on-read (BOR) settings?
- BOR and Expiration settings will default to the maximum if the Room and/or Network settings are lower than 12 hours BOR and 6 day Expiration
- When will a screenshot notification NOT be captured:
- In a room/convo settings page
- In a room/convo calling screen
- When viewing a file/image in a room/convo
- Desktop will display the screenshot detections from Mobile but does not have the Screenshot notification capabilities. (Mobile devices and apps provide a programmatic interface which allows applications to see when screenshots are being taken, unfortunately desktop apps do not provide this level interface. So today, we are unable to provide similar functionality).
We love hearing from our users, especially when you request features! Please keep the feedback coming: email@example.com