At times there may be a need to change a network a user is on. Companies can have more than one network and may choose to do so for a number of reasons such as:
- To keep departments and administrators separate (an example would be establishing a Network for Sr Executives & Board of Directors, Organization structures and even interns or contractors).
- To make it so users don’t appear in a contact direcroty for a network.
- Other reasons as needed
Additionally, New employees or contractors who were previously part of another network and have the Wickr Pro app loaded on their device(s) already may need to join your network. When this need arises, it's easy to either have an admin make the changes or have the individual leave a network and have their new admin invite them to a new network. The method you choose depends on one of the following:
- Shared administrator on both networks: A network administrator is the administrator of the network the user(s) is/are leaving AND the network the user(s) is/are going to.
- Different administrators on the networks: A network administrator to the network being moved to is not an administrator on the networking moving from.
In this scenario, there is no action needed by the user(s). This is usually for internal network transfer within a company. The steps to accomplish this are:
- An administrator logs into the network portal
- selects the user he would like to move to a new network.
- Uses the action dropdown at the far right to select the action “Switch Network”
- Selects the network he wants to move the user to in the list of available networks
- If the user is logged into a device, they will get a message “You have been logged out of the system. REASON: User network switch”, they click OK.
- User Logs back in.
Note: At the time of this writing there is no bulk move ability and users must be moved one at a time.
In this scenario, each user being moved must take an action from one of their devices. This usually occurs when there is an internal transfer but the network administrators for the two networks are not the same or someone who is joining the company is currently on another network. The steps for this scenario are:
- User logs into one of their devices (The menu location is slightly different depending on the device being used. Go to the step that applies to the device below)
- Windows or Mac desktop: Drop down the menu next to your name and select “Leave Network”
- iPhone Device:Menu, Select Settings, Leave Network
- Android Device: Select the menu in the upper left, go Settings, Leave Network
- User Must enter their current password and click “Leave Network”, and click “Leave” button on confirmation screen.
- User should then go Menu/logout (not needed but convenient)
- Let your administrator know you have left your prior network.
- New administrator logs into the network portal and ads the user.
- User gets an email with the body and instructions below:
- User Logs into the application on one of their devices. )Note: if user has not loged out at step 6 above, it will look like they are active in the application but they will not be able to communicate until they log out and log back in to connect to a network.)
Another note: If a user leaves a network but needs to re-join, an admin can log into the portal and go Team Directory/Action button (far right next to user name)/Resend Invitation.