YES! When you leave your organization, you will no longer have access to the AWS Wickr network that the organization administers. You will either be doing one of two things:
- Not joining another AWS Wickr network (Use it privately as an individual)
- Joining another AWS Wickr network (Joining another company that uses AWS Wickr)
1.1 Not Joining another AWS Wickr network
You can still install and use AWS Wickr. https://aws.amazon.com/wickr/getting-started/ This enables you to still communicate securely with your contacts. Your contacts from your company’s AWS Wickr network will NOT be able to be transferred to your new account. However, if you know the persons email AND their network has federation turned on, you will be able to find them and communicate.
1.2 Joining another AWS Wickr network
If you are moving to another company that uses Wickr Pro, you can leave your application installation on your devices. You will NOT have your old company contacts, rooms, on messages, but you won’t have to re-install the application on your devices. Your new company administrator will add you as a user and you will get an email with instructions.
- Before following the instructions of your new company invitation in email,
- Log out of AWS Wickr from any device.
- At the login screen select “Reset your device”
- Follow the instruction in your new invitation email, remembering you don’t have to re-install the application.
You may be working for an organization that has a controlled distribution of the application either through mobile device software or a private enterprise build on an app store. In those scenarios, you will need to fully uninstall the AWS Wickr application from your devices and follow your company’s installation guide. Always consult with your new company’s IT/support first!
Article is closed for comments.