This applies to
If you are having issues with the current Windows client, please use this guide to downgrade it.
This can only be done in Windows and all message history will be retained. if this something you need to do, please reach out to email@example.com so we provide you with the previous client version.
First, you will need close Wickr Pro to make a backup of its data directory. You can find the data directory in the following path:
Please make a copy or zip the Wickr Pro directory and do the following to downgrade the client:
- Uninstall Wickr Pro
- Download the previous version from the link provided by support
- Install the version provided.
- Once installed, do not open it and return to C:\Users\<Windows_Username>\AppData\Local\Wickr, LLC\
- Delete the Wickr Pro Folder in that directory, if necessary, and replace it with the backup you made earlier
- Open Wickr Pro and go through the normal sign in process.
Once logged in, you should see all your message history and the client should be on a lower version than before.
If you need further assistance with this process or have questions, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org