This applies to
If you recently upgraded your Windows client to v5.81.11 and experiencing issues with the clients performance, please use this guide to downgrade it.
This can only be done in Windows and all message history will be retained. if this something you need to do, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we provide you with the previous client version.
First, you will need close Wickr Pro to make a backup of its data directory. You can find the data directory in the following path:
Please make a copy or zip the Wickr Pro directory and do the following to downgrade the client:
- Uninstall Wickr Pro
- Download the 5.81.10 version from here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/static.wickr.com/downloads/win/pro/WickrPro-5.81.10.msi
- Install the version provided.
- Once installed, do not open it and return to C:\Users\<Windows_Username>\AppData\Local\Wickr, LLC\
- Delete the Wickr Pro Folder in that directory and replace it with the backup you made earlier
- Open Wickr Pro and go through the normal sign in process.
Once logged in, you should see all your message history and the client should be on a lower version than before.
We are looking into the reported performance issues with the Windows v5.81.11 Pro client. Please remain on this downgraded issue until we release a version newer than v5.81.11.
If you need further assistance with this process or have questions, please contact support at email@example.com