Decryption Errors or Can't Unlock Messages
A decryption error describes the situation when one receives a message but cannot open, unlock, or view the contents.
A decryption error can occur if either the sender OR receiver's devices have poor signal strength. When connected to either a Wifi Network or Data network with low bandwidth the keys and content of the message may not transmit fully, resulting in an unreadable lock.
If you are encountering this issue please have the sender resend the message when they have a stronger WiFi signal, or are connected to a network with higher bandwidth.
If this issue persists please perform a fresh installation clearing out all your application data. (Uninstall, restart your device, reinstall Wickr)
- Go to Wickr Settings, Account Screen
- Tap the X next to the current device
- Delete the app from your device
- Restart your device
- Download Wickr from appropriate App Store
- Tap Login and enter your Wickr ID and Password