Suspension issues can be caused by the following:
- Duplicate device names on an account
- Manual account termination
- Prolonged periods of inactivity
- 5+ incorrect login attempts on a single device
Duplicate Device Names
If the issue is from conflicting duplicate device names you will be able to log in, see a suspension notice, and resolve the problem by following the steps below:
- Go to Wickr Settings, then the Account section.
- In the device list, remove the current duplicate installation. (If a device is listed which you no longer use remove that one also.).
- Uninstall Wickr, reboot your device, re-download from the corresponding app store, and log in with your existing credentials.
To prevent this from happening again:
Android Devices: During the initial login after tapping Existing Account, below the password field, for Device Name make sure a unique name is selected.
For example: If you have Home on a separate device be sure to select Work or Other for this installation.
iOS Devices: If you replaced a phone or tablet and your Wickr ID is still registered to a previous device change your device name to something unique in your iPhone Settings, General, About, Name.
Manual Account Termination
If you terminated your username by going to your Wickr Settings -> Account -> Terminate Account, and confirmed the termination by entering your password, you account is permanently suspended and you will have to create a new Wickr ID.
If more than 6 months have passed since you have used your account, and we have released an update for the application, inactive accounts may be suspended to improve the experience of active users.
We are sorry for the inconvenience but you will have to create a new Wickr ID.
5+ Incorrect Logins
When a device receives more than 5 incorrect login attempts, that device is suspended for 24 hours from the last incorrect attempt. This is unfortunately not removable, and you'll need to wait the suspension period out before you can login again. Touch ID does count as a login attempt on iOS devices, so please keep that in mind.