In the event you've forgotten your password and have become locked out in AWS Wickr, you'll need to have an Administrator unsuspend your account, then reset your password through the app.
- If you are an AWS Wickr end user (not an admin):
You will need to contact an AWS Wickr admin on your network. You can find one of these on the initial emailed invitation to AWS Wickr, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can guide you to an admin.
- If you are an AWS Wickr admin:
You will need to ask another admin on the account to unsuspend you, or alternatively email@example.com if you are the solitary admin on the network.
To Reset your Password:
1. You can begin this process by clicking Forgot Password? from the login screen.
2. Once clicked, you'll be presented with the following info screen about password resets:
3. Clicking Reset password takes you to the next screen, where entering your email address sends you a verification email.
NOTE: This password reset email will expire in 21 days.
4. Leave the Wickr application open on the device you requested the password reset with. Putting the app into the background while you switch to the mail app on the same mobile device is fine, but the app should not be force closed for the next steps.
5. Open the "Verify your email" link or the alternate link below it in a browser:
6. Some browsers will open the AWS Wickr app automatically, but if yours does not, please return to the still-open AWS Wickr app and follow the prompts to create and confirm your new password.
Article is closed for comments.